You can view instructions and FAQs for Annual Report sections on the left-hand sidebar.
To access supporting documents, visit the Annual Report Information page on LibPAS here.
To access the annual report, visit LibPAS via counting opinions
If you are having issues with your login, please contact Ra-StateAid@pa.gov
State requirement – Information from the report is used to determine state aid eligibility and the maintenance of standards to receive state aid.
PA Statute (24 PA C.S.)
PA Regulation (22 Pa Code)
National tools – information from the report contributes to a national file of public library data that will be available to the library research community, state and federal policy makers, private grant officers, and other interested users.
Advocacy – information from the report can be used to support the need for more state funding, used by local libraries to show trends and usage to request increased support from municipalities, grant funders, and community organizations.
Local Decision Making – use the data and annotations within the report to make decisions about the services, programs, budgetary needs for the future as well as providing a picture of your library in a given year – a snapshot of what happed in the year to share with interested parties.
• Discuss the Annual Report with your staff, share the purpose of data collection. If they understand the reason for collecting the data, you will get better data from them.
• Gather data throughout the year in a process that is appropriate for your library or system. Work with your system administrator (or district consultant if not part of a system) to coordinate consistent methods of collecting data where possible.
• Attend and/or view Annual Report Trainings every year. There are constantly changes made to the report either for federal reporting purposes, state purposes, or for clarity.
• Start inputting data into LibPAS as soon as you have data ready. Don’t procrastinate until the last minute as it only causes more stress for you, your staff, and others involved in the submission and review process.
• Ask questions and give feedback. Utilize the Frequently Asked Questions documents within LibPAS, refer to training recordings, and seek assistance from your system administrator or district consultant. If the information cannot be found within the documents or trainings, please reach out to me so I can address the issue. It is highly possible that if you are having an issue, so are other people across the state. Once I know about an issue, I can address it for everyone, if pertinent. It will help me know what needs fixed within the report, what more discussions need to occur, and what information I need to communicate.
Completing the report involves several steps, only one of which is entering data online. These steps include:
• Review and understand the data elements being collected within the report. Take time to read over the questions and descriptions for each annual report section to enter accurate and appropriate data.
• Collect financial, service, and staff information required to complete the Annual Report.
• Enter data into LibPAS (Library Performance Assessment Solutions). Use the internal private note field to record processes and comments that will help you understand where to find the data that should be entered. Use the external public annotations to explain nuances of the data entered.
• Review and verify the data entered into LibPAS and revise as necessary.
• Lock the data in LibPAS by submitting the reporting form by the designated deadline.
• Submit all supporting documents to the District Consultant or System Administrator by the designated deadline. For a list of all required supporting documents, see the Supporting Documents Cover Page linked within the Annual Report section of LibPAS.
• Respond to correction/review requests from the District Consultant, System Administrator, or State Aid in a timely manner.